Genre: Compare and contrast
Length: 3-4 full pages (not counting the title page and References page)
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Topic: Choose a contemporary ethical challenge. This can be a political issue, such as climate change or gun control, or an issue people face in their personal lives, such as avoiding prejudice
or being a good friend. Feel free to be creative 🙂 In the paper, compare and contrast how the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20) and Benjamin Franklin’s account of virtue would tell people to respond to the ethical challenge you have chosen. In choosing a topic, think of an issue that relates in detailed and interesting ways to the two readings so you have enough to discuss in the paper.
In a subsequent presentation, you will persuade other students in the class of a certain view on your topic, using the Exodus or Franklin reading. So, also choose a topic you are comfortable sharing about in that format.
Sources: DBR text, Chapter 7 (Exodus 20) and Chapter 10 (Franklin); and 1 further source List of Paragraphs: Use the following paragraphs in this order.
1. Introduction:Drawinthereaderinanengagingwayandintroduceyourtopic.Make the last sentence a thesis that presents the main claims of the paper.
Do not use a thesis like “This paper will discuss how the Ten Commandments and Benjamin Franklin would respond to bullying on social media.” That is a good topic, but does not capture the specific claims you will defend. A better thesis would be “To reduce bullying on social media, the Ten Commandments would tell people to ____, while Benjamin Franklin would stress the importance of ____.”
2. EthicalChallenge:Presentbackgroundinformationabouttheethicalchallengeyou have chosen, including quotes or paraphrases from outside research, such as a reliable news article or website.
3. TheTenCommandments:DescribehowtheTenCommandmentswouldtellpeopleto respond to the ethical challenge. Include at least 2 direct quotes from Exodus 20.
4. BenFranklin:DescribehowFranklinwouldtellpeopletorespondtotheethical challenge. Include at least 2 direct quotes from the assigned Franklin selection. You can draw from his list of virtue or other parts of the text.
5. CompareandContrast:DiscussthesimilaritiesanddifferencesbetweenhowtheTen Commandments and Franklin would respond to the ethical challenge. Would their advice be mostly the same? Would it differ in certain ways? For this, draw on evidence and examples from your earlier paragraphs.
6. Conclusion:Signaltheendofthepaperandreviewyourthesisandmainideas.Endwith a memorable closing. If you want, you can include your own opinion on which text (or both) is more helpful in addressing your chosen issue.
PLEASE USE EXODUS 20 AND THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
Franklin, B. (2016). Autobiography. In C. Simpson, M. Lewis & J. H. Hall (Eds.), Dialogues of belief and reason level 100 (4th ed., pp. 60-67). Boca Raton, FL: Lynn University. (Original work published 1793)
Please use 1-2 outside sources