For the Final Paper, you will apply the concepts learned in class to an analysis
of a company using data from its annual report. Using the concepts from this
course, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the company. You will
then write a report either recommending or not recommending purchase of the
Research Tip: The Mergent database in the Ashford
University Library contains company profiles and financial information for
publicly traded companies and their competitors. To access this database, enter
the Ashford University Library by clicking the “Library” link on the left
navigation bar in your online course. Once you are in the Library, select “Find
Articles and More” in the top menu panel. Next, select “Databases A-Z” and go
to section M to access the Mergent database. For help with using Mergent, use
“Mergent Online Quick Tips.”
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
For help with reading an annual report
access this handy guide from Money Chimp.
completed report should include:
- An introduction to the company, including background information.
- A complete and thorough financial statement review.
- Pro Forma financial statements (balance sheet and income statement) for the
next fiscal year, assuming a 10% growth rate in sales and cost of goods sold
(COGS) for the next year.
- Complete ratio analysis for the last fiscal year using at least two ratios
from each of the following categories:
- Financial leverage
- Asset management
- Market value
- Calculate return on equity (ROE) using the DuPont system.
- Calculate economic value added.
- A synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and rationale
for whether or not to purchase stock from this company.
report should be eight to ten pages long excluding title page and reference
page(s). Use APA 6th edition formatting guidelines as outlined in the Ashford
Writing Center. Support your findings and recommendations with evidence from at
least five scholarly resources; such as the textbook, industry reports, and
articles from the Ashford University Library.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according
to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources from the Ashford University
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the approved APA
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as
outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.