- From the first e-Activity, recommend countries that the debate team in the video should partner with to swap products. Also, provide a recommendation in regard to the products they should be trading. Support your reasoning.
- Take a position of whether you agree or disagree with the following statement: When the food production is at a peak in a country, food prices should drop so that poorer countries can import more food. Provide evidence to support your position.
- From the second e-Activity, determine the effect that the phenomenon of a stronger dollar has on the prices of U.S. goods overseas. Describe the selected countries, the selected good, and the price of the selected good. Consider your purchasing decision-making behavior and propose how you would extrapolate that behavior to being a purchasing agent for a nation.
- From the third e-Activity, examine how having a common monetary system helps to ease trade. Predict whether or not the members of the NAFTA will move to a common monetary system. Support your position with reasons why this would or would not be successful.
- Watch the video titled “The global food crisis: What is the role of trade?” . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKS9ltKywv4&feature=youtu.be Next, use the Internet to explore countertrade agreements as an option to the food crisis.
- A stronger dollar decreases the amount of exports from a country, because they appear more expensive to foreign consumers. Therefore, a trade deficit develops as the result of a strong dollar. The opposite effects result from a weak U.S. dollar. Use the Internet to research countries that have weak and strong monetary systems. Choose one country that has a weaker monetary system and one country that has a stronger monetary system. Then, use the Internet to locate the price of a common consumer good (such as paper towels) in the U.S. Next, go to Xe’s Website ( http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ ) and use their online currency converter to determine how much the selected common good can be purchased for in each of the selected countries.
- The Euro is the second largest monetary system after the dollar. Go to the European Commission’s Website ( http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/euro/index_en.htm ) and examine and what the European Commission has to offer its members. Also, examine how having one common monetary system works well for Europe. Be prepared to discuss.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality