Assignment 1: LensCrafters Case Study
Due Week 4 and worth 250 points
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
This assignment requires student complete an analysis of the LensCrafters case from Chapter 6 of the text.
Write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate LensCrafters’ operations strategy and explain how the organization seeks to gain a competitive advantage in terms of sustainability.
- Analyze how operation management activities affect the customer experience. Select two (2) operation management challenges and provide the solutions for confronting them.
- Examine LensCrafters’ value chain and evaluate its effectiveness to operations in terms of quality, value creation, and customer satisfaction.
- Determine the different types of performance measurements that can be used to measure LensCrafters’ service-delivery system design. Select at least two (2) types that can be applied and provide justifications for the selection.
- Examine the different types of technologies applied to LensCrafters’ service operations and evaluate how the technologies strengthen the value chain.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the concept of operations management.
- Compare and contrast the difference between a supply chain and a value chain.
- Analyze the types of measures used for decision making.
- Analyze the five key competitive priorities and their relationship to operations strategy.
- Analyze different types of technology and their role in manufacturing and service operations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in operations management.
- Write clearly and concisely about operations management using proper writing mechanics.
2- Thoroughly analyzed how operation management activities affect the customer experience. Thoroughly selected two (2) operation management challenges; Thoroughly provided the solutions for confronting them.
3- Thoroughly examined LensCrafters’ value chain; Thoroughly evaluated its effectiveness to operations in terms of quality, value creation, and customer satisfaction.
4- Thoroughly determined the different types of performance measurements that can be used to measure LensCrafters’ service-delivery system design. Thoroughly selected at least two (2) types that can be applied; Thoroughly provided justifications for the selection
5- Thoroughly examined the different types of technologies applied to LensCrafters’ service operations; Thoroughly evaluated how the technologies strengthen the value chain.
Exceeds number of required references; all references high quality choices. 0-2 errors present