The final paper will be a comprehensive research review of the significant principles of project management and how to use project management as a discipline to successfully achieve organizational objectives. The final paper must be 8-10 double-spaced pages, excluding title and reference pages, and formatted in APA style. The Research Paper will contribute 25% to the course grade.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
This final research paper must demonstrate the understanding of new learning in the field of project management. This is an assignment with a minimum of eight pages that should integrate the reading, multi-media and class discussion boards, and also reflect on professional experience where possible. It is mandatory to have research from the classroom text, as well as three sources from the internet or online library to support your views. Consider the validity of your resources carefully before using them in academic papers. Use at least one project you have been a team member or a project management as an example to describe the topics below:
The following topics must be reviewed in order for the paper to be complete:
- Project life-cycle management and the benefits of project management to an organization.
- Project organizations and the importance of leadership and sponsorship
- Project team building, including techniques of successful team building
- Techniques for project scope definition and the importance of managing scope throughout a project.
- Creation of a work breakdown structure, and how and project manager breaks down the overall project into packages.
- Comment on the need for contingency planning and why it can help keep a project on schedule.
- Concept of a phase review and why it is important to sponsors.
- The need for PM software in large integrated programs and the benefits to the overall project management organization.
Include examples from projects in which you were a team member, project manager or from the examples from class readings and discussion boards.
Writing the Research Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight- to ten- double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Title of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five professional resources, including a minimum of two from ProQuest.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.