The following transactions took place in the town of Burchette during 20X3:
1. A bond issue of $12,000,000 was authorized for the construction of a library, and the estimated bond proceeds and related appropriations were recorded in the General Ledger accounts of a new Capital Projects Fund.
2. The bonds were sold at a premium of $90,000.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
3.The cost of issuing the bonds, $80,000, was paid.
4. An order was placed for material estimated to cost $6,500,000.
5. Salaries and wages of $500,000 were paid.
6. The premium, net bond of issuance costs, was transferred to a Debt Service Fund.
The following transactions took place in 20X4:
7. The materials were received, the actual cost was $6,585,000.
8. Salaries and wages of $4,010,000 were paid.
9. All outstanding bills were paid.
10. The project was completed. The accounts were closed, and the remaining balance was transferred to a Debt Service Fund.
a. Prepare all journal entries (budgetary and actual), including closing entries, to record the Capital Projects Fund transfers for 20X3 and 20X4.
b. Prepare a Capital Projects Fund balance sheet as of December 31, 20X3.
c. Prepare a Capital Projects Fund Statement of Revenues, Expenditures, and Changes in Fund Balance for the project, including (1) the year ended December 31, 20X3, and (2) a separate budgetary combined comparison statement for the years ended December 31 20X3 and 20X4.