Tool marks may impart both class and individual characteristics. Footwear and tire impressions can be invaluable evidence yielding both individual and class characteristics. First, complete the following exercises on the Virtual Lab Companion Site. The sign in information is below:
- Forensic Science “Footwear Impressions” activity
- Forensic Science “Tool Mark Analysis” activity
Then, write a 2-3 page Essay that addresses the following prompts:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- How should tool mark evidence be collected and what information can be gained?
- Discuss footwear and how impression evidence is collected. Include a discussion of the databases used for comparing evidence.
- Discuss Gun Shot Residue (G.S.R.). Include the two types, the importance of each, and what this information may provide.
- What steps must be completed to ensure firearms evidence is correctly collected and preserved?
- How would you go about collecting impressions in each of the following situations?:
- A shoe print in dry dirt.
- A tool mark on a windowsill.
- Tire marks in soft earth.
- A shoe print on a loose piece of tile.
- A very faint shoe print in dust on a colored linoleum floor.
Be sure to address all prompts and cite your sources in APA format.