Violate a Folkway or Norm
In this assignment, you are going to read through case studies in which a norm or folkway was violated and actually violate one yourself. During this process you will be informally sanctioned (reacted to) by others. The idea of this assignment is to understand and experience firsthand how deviant individuals feel during their deviance.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
1. First, research what a norm is and what a folkway is. Use your book or other resources. Be sure to cite your sources using APA. You may want to refer to the Purdue Online Writing Lab, http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
2. In this assignment, describe norm and folkway.
3. Pick a situation to violate a norm or a folkway. Be acutely aware of what is going on around you when you do this violation not only creating your violation but the situation/environment that surrounds you, so you can describe it later.
4. Describe what folkway or norm you violated, the situation/environment in which you violated it and what was the reaction to this violation by the individuals you created in your scenario, how did they respond towards the violation, and how you felt before, during and after the norm violation. Please make sure that your violation is nothing that will cause you harm in any way. You are not to engage in any criminal activity or any activity that may result in physical or emotional harm to you or the others that are around you at the time of the violation. National Louis University does not condone or accept responsibility for any behaviors that result in harm or arrest.
5. Answer the following question: “Can deviant behavior and criminal behavior be separate and distinct actions?”
- Your paper should be approximately 500 words in length (typically, two double-spaced pages), not counting cover page, reference list page, appendices, figures, or tables.
- Your assignment should include a title page and a reference list page, and be completed in Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, with appropriate header, page numbers, one-inch margins, and meet all other requirements of APA Stylebook.
- Please use at least two appropriate scholarly references formatted in the most current APA format.
- An abstract is not required.