- For Week 3 we will study the remaining three steps
in the Accounting Cycle: 7. Preparing the Financial statements, 8.
Journalize and Post Closing Entries, 9. Prepare a post-closing trial
balance. How do the different steps affect the financial statements? What
is the effect on the financial statements of missing a step when
completing the accounting cycle?
- Step 7 of the Accounting Cycle is preparing the Financial Statements. There is a specific
order that the Financial Statements need to be prepared. Discuss the specific
order and explain why it is important.
- Step 8 of the Accounting Cycle is to journalize and post
the closing entries. What are the four closing journal entries? In your
opinion, why are these necessary?
- Check out Appendix 4A on page 195-196 of the e-book. In your opinion, what is the main
purpose and benefits of a financial statement worksheet in assisting with the
completion of the accounting cycle? Note that a using a worksheet is optional.
- How would you describe the difference between the operating cycles of a Service Company and that of a Merchandising Company? What accounts would a merchandising company have in its
chart of accounts that would be different from a service-based company?
- What is the difference between a perpetual inventory system and a periodic inventory system? Pick one and discuss the advantages and disadvantages.
- One unique aspect of merchandising financial statements is the Cost of Goods Sold
account. How would you calculate cost of goods sold at the end of an accounting
period under a periodic inventory system? What items make up cost of goods
- What is the difference between a single step income statement and a multiple step income statement?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? If you were a business
owner, which type would you prefer to use?
Answers can be up to 70 words each.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
https://assignmentshero.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/output-onlinepngtools-7-300x57.png 0 0 davie https://assignmentshero.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/output-onlinepngtools-7-300x57.png davie2021-01-15 13:18:142021-01-15 13:18:14ACCT-290 - Class Discussions Questions Preparing the Financial statements, accounting homework help