After reading In the Blood, answer the following discussion questions:
- Explain how race, class, and gender play a factor in Susan Lori Park’s In the Blood.
- What is the irony between Hester La Negrita and the characters who are meant to help her?
- What is the historical and political significance in Hester La Negrita accepting sewing work that Amiga Gringa is not willing to do?
- What is the historical and political significance in the Doctor showing Hester La Negrita the word SPAY?
- This play is an allusion to Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter. What are the basic similarities and differences between Hester La Negrita and Hester Prynne? Why might Susan Lori Parks choose to allude to this novel?
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality