I want a research paper about the company “Intel”. It has the symbol INTC in the stock market.
I already did the first part. Now I want you to add the second part the document attached.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Below is the requirements and prompt for the second part.
NOTE: reference everything. All references should be from credible websites only (do not use book sourcing)
Strategic Action and Corporate Level Strategy:
- Discuss the firm’s portfolio of businesses and illustrate how the firm creates (or attempts to create) value with its corporate-level strategy.
- Then, provide an in-depth discussion of one or two recent corporate-level strategic actions.Peruse Chapters 9-10 and focus on one or two of the strategies covered therein. Do NOT attempt to address all the topics covered in the course or all the strategic actions the firm has taken. What I am looking for is not breadth but rather depth. Provide a list of the things that the company has done, and then pick something that is typical of the methods this firm uses for expanding its portfolio of businesses. For example, you may discuss an acquisition, a joint venture, an international expansion, or restructuring.
- Discuss the pros and cons of these actions – did they create value?Why or why not?Provide suggestions on how these actions could have been better handled.Conclude with your educated assessment of the appropriateness of the firm’s current corporate-level strategy.Remember to use facts (i.e. data) in support of your arguments throughout.
Recommendations to the CEO:
- Look to the future and offer your assessment of where the firm should go from here.In the first section, you identified the key success factors in this industry, and in the next two sections, you analyzed the firm’s current strategic positions – now extrapolate (based on appropriate facts & concepts) and suggest what future strategic actions the firm should take so that it is positioned to possess and maintain these key success factors.
- Your recommendations should “follow” from the preceding analysis such that it should help the firm exploit the opportunities or eliminate the threats that you have identified. Your recommendations should also be in line with the firm’s strengths and weaknesses such that they should leverage the firm’s strengths or compensate for the weaknesses that you have identified previously.
- Stay away from basic marketing suggestions, such as “Improve your reputation” or “Advertise more” or “Offer better customer service”, etc.Also, avoid discussions of minor tactical moves.Instead, suggest strategic actions such as specific countries to expand into, specific firms to acquire, etc.For example, if a firm repackages a product, changes prices, adds a new feature, etc., these are generally not major strategic actions.Instead, these are considered tactical actions – smaller actions that adjust a current strategy.While these types of adjustments are important, they’re simply not what we’re focusing on in this class.We’re focusing on strategic moves – moves that are much larger and significant in scope.For example, if a fast food company like Burger King sees a trend toward low-carb eating, that company may add a new item to its menu.That’s a tactical move. What you want to focus on in your report is something more along the lines of Burger King buying the Atkins company, or forming an alliance with Atkins, or expanding into other countries without a low-carb trend.You do NOT want to simply recommend that Burger King increase its advertising or start a new campaign to emphasize its low-carb options; sure, that’s part of it, but not our focus here.
- Whatever your recommendations, summarize the reasoning behind each recommendation, and then explain what the effects of implementing this recommendation are likely to be. What are the risks involved with implementing your recommendations? What are some issues that may make it difficult to implement?Bolster your arguments with strategy concepts and empirical facts—this is where most students struggle.
- The report MUST be typed and submitted via BlackBoard.I will not accept hand written reports.
- Times New Roman 12 pt. font with 2.0 line spacing
- Use subheadings (sections) to enhance clarity and readability
- Ensure that the use of concepts from the course is explicit and appropriate
- Use only one term per concept or issue (e.g. if you use the word “company” do not interchange it throughout the paper with “firm” or “organization”)
- Be concise – avoid passive voice and long sentences
- Emphasize the evidence and build on it – eliminate unfounded speculation and opinion
- Narrative form should be used.Tables can be utilized in an Appendix for necessary facts.
- APA style should be used – template is available on BlackBoard.
- Remember if you paraphrase information – source it. If you are copying word for word from your source – put quotes around the section then source it.
- PROOFREAD, PROOFREAD, PROOFREAD!!!Excessive grammatical errors will hurt your grade!
I suggest that you skim chapters 8 – 11 of your textbook to get a sense of the strategic issues that are relevant for selecting an appropriate firm for this project. The issues boil down to: vertical and horizontal integration, outsourcing, diversification, mergers and acquisitions, corporate venturing, international expansion, alliances/joint ventures and corporate governance.
I uploaded slides from chapter 8-11 + the part one document I did.