Choose one of the musical selections to analyze critically. You may access these pieces through the YouTube website:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony (Links to an external site.) (Bernstein—Baviera 1/6) [Video file][9 min 10 sec]
- Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor (Links to an external site.) (attr. J. S. Bach) [Video file][8 min 33 sec]
- The Prayer (Links to an external site.) (Foster, Bocelli, Dion; Live NYC Central Park, 2011) [Video file][5 min 18 sec]
After choosing and listening to one of the selections, conduct research on one of the composers before writing your critical analysis outline. A minimum of two sources are required for this assignment. Because musical terminology can be difficult for those who have not had substantial training, Be sure to include all of the following points:
- Classical form
- Composer or vocalist biography (brief)
- Background of the selection
- Message or intended effect
- Use of instruments or voices
- Your personal response
Be sure to include a convincing, inclusive conclusion at the end of your critical analysis and a bibliography of at least two sources that you used to prepare your analysis, one of which may be the class text. Do not use and cite Wikipedia. Instead, visit the Excelsior College Library to learn about academic sources.