The U.S. Electoral Collage is defined in Article 2, Section 1, Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution and defines how the President and Vice President are elected in the U.S.
- In your own words, describe how the process works?
- How many total electoral votes are there? How is this number determined?
- The Electoral College includes all 50 states plus Washington, D.C. What is the role of each state in the process?
- Which state has the greatest number of electoral votes and why? Which state(s) have the least and why?
- When and how and why was Washington DC included in this process?
- Has the process changed or been amended in any way since it was originally ratified in 1787?
- There is much debate about the role the popular vote plays in the outcome of the election. Explain how the popular vote impacts the election results in each state?
- In each state, does the candidate who receives the majority of the popular vote receives the total number of electoral votes for that state? Is it the same in every state or do individual states handle the process differently?
- How many times in our history has the candidate who received the majority of the popular vote not received the majority of the electoral college vote? Name each of these years, the candidates involved and what the results for each of these elections was?
- In your opinion, do you think the electoral college process tends to favor one political party over the other? Has this evolved over time?
- Has there been an attempt to amend or change the way we elect the President and VP? If so, when, how and what was the outcome?
- In your opinion, do you think that this is a good way for the President and VP to be elected? Would you recommend the process remain as it is or would you like to see a change? If you think a change should be made, how would you recommend the process work?
- What recent discussions have taken place about the Electoral College and by whom?
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality